A Real Time Waiting for An Item

I got some tips and smart design inspiration.  from an indie game named 《Gone with the Fog and Smoke》 that I learn
I want to buy medicine for a request from an NPC and the pharmacist will make the medicine for nearly real 10 minutes. But at that moment, there are the other task quest need me to do is that I could visit the main four sects in the world and to choose one to join. So I visit some of the sects by using the horse's'station (a kind of transfer portal)

Each sect has many details and different NPCs to talk. I really love it and help them to clean tables and do some housework. When I back to take my medicine, it is nearly a half-hour later. The pharmacist has prepared the medicine and give me the parcel.

This is made me feel really well. It's just let me believe that the pharmacist is a real person and need several time to add water into the pot and put some medicinal herbs to boil them to make the oral liquid, although it is just image in my head.

I think some game will design a way that players will get the items immediately, but I think this is a really good design and quality experience for a RPG game.

Comments